At The Body Workshop Pilates we offer clients and Instructors workshops so that they can continue to develop their practice and teaching.
Coming soon workshops
Workshop: Organ Health- Moving from your true core & The anatomy and ease of breathing
Location: Cirencester (The Body Workshop Pilates Studio)
For: Yoga, Pilates, Dance and all other movement instructors
Dates: Saturday 3rd February 2018
Time: 10am - 4pm
Presented by: Rachael Hall- Advanced Franklin Method Educator
Read on for more information...
Organ Health- Moving from your true core & The anatomy and ease of breathing
Presented By Rachael Hall- Advanced Franklin Method educator
10am - 4pm, Saturday 3rd February 2018 at The Body Workshop Pilates Studio, King Street, Cirencester< GL7 1JT
We take somewhere around 20,000 breaths per day. Embody how you are evolutionarily designed to breathe and consequently drastically decrease the risk of just about every disease known to man.
The organs of our body not only carry out physiological functions- the vital work of maintaining, renewing, and reproduction, they also serve an important role in the support of posture and movement. Yet in the western world, organs are generally not considered when it comes to training the body.
The organs fill out space in our torso and skull and form “joints” with other organs, bones, and muscles. Compression, suction, and suspension forces relate all these structures to each other. Knowing where and how, combined with dynamic imagery will provide you with a whole new avenue for improving movement, posture and well-being.
The Franklin Method distinguishes itself by focusing on imagery, self-touch, and movement exercises that can be used by anyone in any setting. All types of imagery are used to promote movement, flexibility, strength, and general health.
This workshop will demonstrate how organ training with imagerycan improve movement, posture, flexibility, and strength; improve the organs physiological functioning; and improve stamina, digestion, circulation, mood, immune function, etc.
In this workshop you will :
- Learn what is happening every time you take a breath.
- Discover how you are evolutionarily designed to breathe; and, what might be inhibiting your breathing.
- Take home techniques and exercises to boost the efficiency of breathing. Giving your entire body more oxygen and energy!
- Reduce stress and find a deep sense of relaxation and comfort in your body and mind
- Discover how breathing efficiently can tone your pelvic floor and abdominals 24/7
- Experience connection between organs, strength and flexibility and posture, and how the diaphragm and organs interrelate in 3-D
- Discover how the organs affect mood and relaxation
Cost: Early bird £85 (until 1st December) and £95 thereafter